Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Transformation Tuesday/Focus

Focus and find meaning in your day. One of the newest ways that I  have been relaxing is playing a game on my iPad. I must admit...I am not much of a game player. I don't even know how to play any card games. I never had an interest in learning how to play any card games.

When we were young we would go camping in the summer, and many people would gather around the picnic table and play a card game. I would read. My sister loved spending some of her money at the arcade when we would go to the mall. I just wanted to spend my extra money on books, magazines, earrings, or something girlie. My sister loved to play cenipedies, pac man, and tetris (I think that was it).

So these days I do have a few games that I really love. My obsession is "Align it" the object is to get four balls in a row. For every four balls you get to line up, you get four points. I know, it does not sound high tech, but it is so much fun.

After I had played the game for about an hour. I was flipping through my newspaper on my iPad "The Daily" and they had an article in the paper about a book that talks about how games make you focus on one task. You can not do a multitude of things while you play a game.  It does take a level of focus, and it is really centering for me to play games that I really enjoy. Some of my other favorites are Chess, Checkers, Jeopardy Deluxe, Travelogue 360 Rome, Wheel of Fortune, Bookworm Deluxe, and Word Finder.

Well, happy playing for all of you. Let us know what you are doing to transform yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment