Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

This is my very first post on this blog name, but I have moved from my Terra Del Sole blog to the new name Terra Del Sole D'Oro. What does it mean? It means Land of The Golden Sun. As much as I loved my former name Terra Del Sole I found that someone else already had the name. Sure, I know that there are many "Terra Del Sole" places in the United States, but the original is in Italy. The city was founded by Cosmio Medici in the 1500's. While I reading a book all about the Medici family we started on our journey to acquire our little place in the sun. I thought it was fitting to name the ranch Terra Del Sole. I started blogging, and then I attended Bloggy Boot Camp. It was there I learned that another site that already owns the name can challenge the other owner to relinquish the name.

As much as the name was more of a tribute to Cosmio I did not wish to offend the little town of Terra Del Sole, so I have Terra Del Sole D'Oro. I think it is probably a  better fit since it also includes "golden" just like the motto of California "Golden State".  Thereby we are now harmonizing our Italian and American roots.

Welcome, I hope you find our journey one that you want to continue to visit.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, here you are, love your new 'home', best wishes always.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Thanks Ale for being my first follower on this blog, and such a loyal follower of my old blog.

    Warmest wishes to you and your family!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you thanks to your Twitter message :)

    ReplyDelete